T&Cs / Returns Policy
Terms of Business.
All items are sold as seen, descriptions are current and as accurate as we can make them, prices are subject to change without notice and replace any previously advertised information.
Returns & Refunds
We happily accept returns for items ordered online. In summary, if we have incorrectly advertised an item we will refund in full. If item(s) are returned for any other reason we will refund the purchase price (excluding shipping) and will levy a small processing/returns fee. Details below:
Returns will be accepted subject to the following conditions:
1. Please notify us by email within 14 days of delivery of goods stating your invoice number or SKU. After this time goods will be considered sold and accepted (email@example.com)
2. Where items are fundamentally not as advertised a full refund will be made, including postage costs at our basic uninsured mainland UK rate (where express, insured or international delivery was requested the full value of this will not be refunded). Once return has been agreed we will email a pre-paid returns label, return can then be dropped off locally (usually Hermes or Post Office). Under no circumstances we will accept liability for costs of returns sent by services more expensive than our basic uninsured rate (E.g. Royal Mail, ParcelForce etc). In the event that on return the item is found to be as originally advertised the cost of the pre-paid returns label will be deducted from the refund.
3. Where items are fundamentally as described but you wish to return them for other reasons (e.g. doesn't fit or no longer required), we will refund the original purchase price minus a processing fee of £10 for a uniform set (jacket/trousers etc), and/or £5 for individual items (cap, belt etc not advertised as part of a uniform set). Goods must be in the same condition as originally dispatched, and received by us within 14 days of notification of the return. We regret that postage costs in either direction will not be refunded.
4. Refunds will be made via the original payment method.
5. Any discount applied for the purchase of multiple items will not be retained in the event that any of those items are returned individually. I.e. the discount will be voided and the items invoiced at advertised prices prior to any refund being processed.
6. Goods customised, personalised, altered, or specially ordered in at customers request are not eligible for return unless incorrectly advertised. We will not refund the cost of any alterations requested, unless those alterations themselves are incorrect.
7. Footwear is not eligible for return unless incorrectly advertised.
8. Items collected from our premises should be inspected prior to acceptance, and are not eligible for return under the above terms.
Dispatch & Postage.
Goods will be securely packaged in suitable box(es) within waterproof mailing bags where appropriate and physically possible.
We endeavour to dispatch all items within 2 working days of cleared payment being received.
Goods will be dispatched via a recognised courier in the UK, with proof of postage. Delivery to Mainland UK is usually 3-4 working days after despatch but is not guaranteed. If you require a faster/guaranteed delivery please state this at checkout and we will happily arrange. An additional charge is likely to apply.
We can request the courier to leave parcels with neighbours etc. If you request parcels to be left in an unsecure location, either through us or direct with the courier, we will not be held responsible for any subsequent loss or damage.
We regret that Ceto cannot be held responsible for loss or damage of uninsured items in transit. Appropriate insurance for loss/damage can be selected at checkout or requested by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Ceto will not be be responsible for any consequential loss arising from late/failed delivery or damage in transit.
Please allow a maximum 10 days from despatch for delivery of your order in UK/Europe. If your order fails to arrive please notify us by email (email@example.com) within 14 days of receipt of your order despatch email (20 days for international orders). After this time orders will be considered to have been successfully received. If an insurance claim for loss/damage is appropriate, Ceto undertake to re-imburse within a maximum 14 days of a claim being made.
Where a "guaranteed" delivery service is used (I.e. Royal Mail Special Delivery") and delivery is late (as defined by the service provider), Ceto will refund the full value of the shipping charge. Goods may be returned under our standard refund policy.
Outside Mainland UK, if your country is not listed at Checkout, please contact us for a postage quote prior to ordering (Mainland UK excludes NI, BFPO, Highlands/Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, IoM and other locations not served by standard (non-Royal Mail) land courier services). We do ship Worldwide.
All international orders will require a signature on receipt. We cannot/will not ship to PO Box numbers.
The buyer retains responsiblity for ensuring that goods purchased are allowable for import/use in your country, and for paying any costs/taxes/duties associated with importing. In the event that goods are returned by national agencies in the same condition as dispatched a credit note will be issued to the buyer for the original purchase price, minus postage and any associated costs charged to Ceto by external agencies (postal, governmental etc), and our standard processing fee (see above).
Measurements & Colours
Measurements quoted are usually actual measurements, as measured by ourselves. Where label sizes exist we may also refer to these, but they may have changed since manufacture (tailoring, shrinkage etc). In addition to a garment measurements we also provide an approximate chest size - please note this is approximate, the detailed measurements should be reviewed prior to ordering in order to ascertain suitability of garment for you. For details on how we measure sizes, please click here.
Measuring fabric is not precise. We strive to be as accurate as possible but please allow for inherent inaccuracies in measuring textiles - E.g. the method of laying a garment out, or pressure applied whilst measuring, may affect measurements by half an inch or so. Please bear this in mind when viewing measurements.
We always suggest you compare our measurements with those taken from a similar item of your own to get an idea as to how it will fit you. Please bear in mind that military uniforms are usually tailored to be snug fitting, whereas civilian items are usually made to be loose fitting - E.g. a jacket from Burton advertised as a 42" chest is likely to be considerably larger than a military 42" jacket.
Colours rendered by digital photography and viewed on different devices may vary from the original. Please be aware that photographs may not provide a precise rendering of the actual colours.
All items are described as accurately as possible and to the best of our knowledge and ability, however we are not infallible nor experts in every item. If you are seeking very specific items, or wish to be certain of any aspect of items you wish to purchase (age/size/wear/details of insignia/buttons/badges etc) please contact us prior to ordering to request additional information or picures. We are happy to provide as much detailed information as possible to ensure your satisfaction with any item.
Where items are sold as "sets" we cannot guarantee that all items were originally issued as such, or are of the same age, source or provenance. Where specific items are known/suspected to be reproductions or of a different period etc this is stated, however care should be taken to request additional information as required, prior to purchase, as we are unable to guarantee the authenticity of every item on sale. Items may have been altered/replaced during previous ownership. Cap badges are particularly prone to replacement with re-strikes/copies.
All items are used and as such a certain amount of wear/discoloration/dirt/degradation is to be assumed commensurate with age/use/storage. Where this is considered normal it may not be specifically stated in descriptions. Where specific additional defects exist they will be stated. Minor defects/marks that are not seen externally (with internal linings, hidden areas etc) may not be mentioned unless particularly severe or affecting use of the item.
Whilst we do make every effort to present items in their best light (by brushing, cleaning minor marks, replacing missing buttons/metal insignia etc) we do not make significant repairs or fundamental changes (such as adding cloth rank/trade badges, ribbons, brevets etc) unless agreed as part of the sale. We do not dry clean uniforms prior to sale - they are sold as received by us. Where items have an unusually noticeable smell or similar issue we will mention this in the product description. It should be assumed that all uniform items would benefit from a dry clean to restore "freshness".
Goods are sold for collectors/display/re-enactor purposes only, and are not intended to be used or suitable for their original purpose.
Serving Military Personnel
Most of our items are used and of varying ages. We descibe their condition based on civilian standards. Unless we explicitly state an item is "In-service" condition, you should assume it may not be/is not up to military/parade/mess standard.
Acceptance of Orders
No contract will exist between buyer and seller untill full payment has been received.
Payment can only be accepted in GBP, pounds sterling, and must for the full invoiced amount.
We reserve the right to cancel/refund an order after payment if we are unable to fulfil it.
In certain circumstances we may refuse payment via PayPal/credit card. In this situation we will of course refund any payment in full.
The sale of certain items may be restricted (e.g. bladed weapons). No such items will be sold to anyone under the age of 21. Confirmation of age may be requested prior to acceptance of order, irrespective of payment status. We reserve the right not to ship items outside the UK where we consider them inappropriate for any reason.
In the event that a sale is not accepted a full refund will be made
Pricing & Availability
Due to the complexities of maintaining an electronic shop, we reserve the right to refuse and refund a sale in the unlikely event that a pricing error has occurred, or an item is no longer available.
Whilst we strive to maintain the website as accurately as possible, from to time orders are accepted for items that may have sold out or may otherwise not be immediately available or not as described. In these circumstances we will make a refund in full. or supply an alternative by agreement.